So Dan has been out of work for 8 months now. It hasn't been too bad really, between his severance pay, then tax return money, unemployment benefits and then our side business things really went along quite smoothly. It was just recently that we started to drain our accounts faster than we could keep up. Now the panic is on.
The unemployment benefits ended in June. Our side business slowed down, the busy season was in the spring and that has slowed quite a bit. Then it seemed like everything happened at once. Michael broke his arm, of course the x ray has to rob you blind! Not to mention the doctor's office! Then one day we were driving in the van and the belt just busted. I thought I had ran over something from the noise it made! Well, I knew we didn't have the money at the time so I just parked the van under the carport and started driving the car. Then like a week later the car started making a horrible noise, it was the breaks and the rotors. UGH! So we had to get them both fixed, and we struggled to even pay the bills in July. We still haven't paid the phone bill because it was quite high because of Dan's overages from his new job.
Anyway, to cut that long story short: we were running out of money. Now we are down to about half of what we need each month to make ends meet. I start next week driving truck on a farm in order to make it a little easier.
Dan started work for a start-up company called ZipSmart. It is really a sweet set up, it just is taking time to get a paycheck because it is a start-up. Check it out if you want it is www.zipsmart.com They are an advertising company. I keep hoping that the money will start coming in soon so we don't lose our house or something. Luckily we weren't in debt too bad, we just need to get back on the employed side of the fence.
It will really be a nice set-up for us once it gets going. I just have to borrow off of Dan's faith in order to get us there. I hope I can make it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.